Music

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day One

Welcome to my new blog. This is one of a few blogs that I have which are focused on specific topics ranging from independent music, counselling and alcohol abuse.


Where this blog will lead, I hope, will be more generalised and I am more than happy to address specific topics if you wish to submit your request. I recommend subscribing via email in order to keep up to speed on each entry as they will more likely vary a great deal from entry to entry.


I anticipate that this blog will provide concise and ideally humorous content....if the subject lends itself so.





I feel it only fair that I let you know a bit about myself. I'll be brief.


I was born in Kilmarnock, Scotland in 1967....home of Johnnie Walker whiskey (wait for the paradox in this) and lived in the small coalmining village of Cumnock. I emigrated with my family to Tasmania in 1979. I began playing in rock bands at the age of 16. I was a registered nurse for approximately 20 years, retiring in 2008 on mental health grounds; namely manic depression.


I am divorced with two outstanding children with whom I have a great relationship. I am an alcoholic and took the major step in 2007 of conceding defeat in 2007. I've had a few 'slips' but have been 100% sober since late 2009.


As part of my therapy in recovery I have been recording my own music and releasing it online. I also find writing very therapeutic on both the alcohol and manic depression fronts.


From the above information I am sure that you can imagine that there's a vast scope for emotions relating to 'some days.' I hope to bring the vast array of what this topic allows.




Related articles


Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment